1 Posted 18/05/2021 at 07:21:59
Condolences for your family loss, David.

Your Dad now sits with the great Evertonian in the sky.

God bless. Rest in peace, Colin Edwards.

Peter Mills
2 Posted 18/05/2021 at 09:03:35
Nice post David, sincere condolences and respect to you and your family.
3 Posted 18/05/2021 at 09:10:36
Thanks for your post David, nice tribute and memories of a dad you obviously loved very much, sincere sympathy to you and all your family from a member of his Everton family.
4 Posted 18/05/2021 at 09:13:31
David, your post brings back similar memories for me, as a kid being taken to the game by my dad, and all the bonding involved between us. I can feel your pride. Best wishes.
Derek Moore
5 Posted 18/05/2021 at 09:53:36
Too many Blues leaving us for the Old Lady in the sky lately. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all those who knew your Dad. It's almost unbelievable how little of the real Evertonians' faith and patience has been repaid in recent seasons.

But the win at Anfield this season was a genuinely cathartic moment, and one I trust and hope Colin Edwards – and Dick Fearon, and the other members of our Blue family who have sadly recently left us – got some real joy from. This season ultimately fizzled into disappointment, but we won't soon forget how good winning there felt.

Once again, my sincere condolences.

Tony Everan
6 Posted 18/05/2021 at 10:17:38
David, condolences to you and your family. Great memories for you to keep and cherish. My old dad is a Liverpool supporter, but luckily at soon as I could speak I said to him, no way I am I supporting Liverpool and demanded an Everton top. There's lot of suffering involved but it still feels special be an Evertonian. Maybe the shared suffering brings us closer together! All the best David.
Lyndon Lloyd
7 Posted 18/05/2021 at 17:08:52
Lovely tribute to your dad, David. My condolences and best wishes to you and your family. RIP, Colin.
Kieran Kinsella
8 Posted 18/05/2021 at 17:21:41
Wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing. Thoughts and prayers for you and your Dad.
David Cooper
9 Posted 18/05/2021 at 17:51:29
David, Your post momentarily made me think of my dad he was an Evertonian and therefore I became one. All the times we went to see EFC when they came to London, mostly at Highbury and Stamford Bridge where in the 60s and 70s we rarely saw them win! Thanks to all our Blue dads for the memories!

Will Mabon
10 Posted 18/05/2021 at 18:41:39
David,

Condolences. Your dad's influence is there to see, and the glowing memories too. The best we can ever hope to leave behind. I rarely watch a match without Dad popping into my mind at least once, even fleetingly, and it's 21 years.

Best wishes.

Thomas Richards
11 Posted 18/05/2021 at 18:53:59
Condolences on the passing of your father David.

Memories flood back of the days my dad took me to the game.
Cant remember the earliest ones as I was pre school age when he started taking me.
Instilled the eternal love of Everton Football Club from a very early age as I am sure your dad did for you.
A sad time for you mate and will be for a while.
I guarantee after your mourning period you will recall days with your dad at the game and tears will be replaced with smiles.

All the best mate

12 Posted 18/05/2021 at 19:19:04
Nicely done David! Completely captures that childhood wonder and discovery that is made all the more wonderful by being encouraged by your father. A lovely expression and we all love Everton a little bit more when we experience something like this.
Trevor Powell
13 Posted 19/05/2021 at 15:00:16
My condolences to you and your family. It's a wonderful thing that a lot of us Evertonians were taken to their first matches as young boys at Goodison by a close relative. It's true, that once you have been initiated into the Goodison fold, it becames as much a part of you as your eyes!

I remember going to the EFC v MU final of 1995 and reading the programme. Each team were given a two page spread about celebrity supporters. MUFC's were show business people with no connection to that city or population. In contrast, Evertonians like John Parrott and Rita Tushingham recalled being taken by their Dad or Grandad to their local team at goodison.

My first game in September1961, EFC played newly promoted Ipswich Town and my Dad took me to that one because My Mum was an Ipswich Lass! EFC won 5-2 and Ipwsich won the league under Alf Ramsey. One thing I remember was my Dad folding Everton Mints wrappers and flicking them at the back of unsuspecting supporters' heads on the old Paddock!

David Edwards
14 Posted 19/05/2021 at 16:08:56
Thank you all for your condolences, guys. They mean a lot - especially on ToffeeWeb.
David Currie
15 Posted 19/05/2021 at 17:10:38
David,
Sorry for your loss like you I was taken to Goodison by my Dad at the age of 6 and every visit I take I always think of my late Father. We both have great memories of going to games with Dad. All the best to you and your family.
Paul Birmingham
16 Posted 19/05/2021 at 20:46:51
Deepest sympathies and condolences David at this terrible time for you and your Family.

Your Dad will be joining the great Everton Family in Top Balcony in the Sky.

RIP Colin Edwards.

Barry Rathbone
17 Posted 19/05/2021 at 20:59:17
Condolences David, your father sounds just like my dear departed dad.

I'm glad our common bond of devotion to Everton brings us solace at such times, you and your dad are part of the Blue Family – part of us all.

Every Evertonian wishes you and your family the very best.

David Bandell
18 Posted 19/05/2021 at 21:57:59
Hi David,

I know your sister Pat and I can honestly say your wonderful Dad has done a brilliant job with both of you, bringing you both up as very passionate and loyal Toffees.

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss but be consoled that your dad brought you up the right way and instilled in you the virtues to be a true blue!

RIP Colin 💙💙💙