Stephen Colby
1 Posted 23/04/2021 at 18:23:56
Supporting Everton isn't just about watching us play in Blue. It was the effort we made to cross the Pennines in a snowstorm for a 7:30 pm Monday night kick off. it's the likes of Rob Halligan chronicling his fave trips abroad. It's about laughing with scallies you don't know, but last met on the coach to Southampton. It's the discussion about the alers we go to both at home and away a la Paul Traill. It's about explaining the "do you like avocado?" joke to a southerner at Crewe and him still not getting it by Euston. It needs mystery - what happened to Colin Harvey's eye and why did we really sell Bally. We need religion too - pray that the Holy Trinity will rise again and send Bungback Sam to eternal damnation. Was standing really more fun than sitting? Do all the box holders really live within half a mile of a golf club? How does a chant begin? Why didn't Davy Klassen make it? Who was resposible for our signing Andy van der Meyde, Nyarko, Earl Barrett and David Ginola? Why do our Russian signings usually turn out to be dead-beats? Which is the worst view obscured seat in the house? Does Jordan Pickford really give a damn?
I'd like to listen to a podcast that talks about the things we all talk about when travelling to an Everton game. I think many others are well able to chronicle the actual game.
David Pearl
2 Posted 26/04/2021 at 21:25:13
I'm pretty sure that any podcast that involved a rotating selection of regulars and newbies would be very popular if connected to ToffeeWeb as tw brings us all together from all over the world. You could have a usa edition, a brazilian, a local pod for local people, etc

It would be great to put faces to names as it would strenghen the links between us.

3 Posted 26/04/2021 at 21:31:28
Yes, I want to hear that expletive-laden interview with Darren. Who wouldn't?
4 Posted 26/04/2021 at 21:33:13
ToffeeWeb has always been a place many of us have come to exchange views and, dare I say blows, over the years. But all in the good name of Everton.

I think this would be a great idea. And as mentioned above, it would be great to put faces to names.

So in response: a - yes. b - I will email Lyndon.

David Pearl
5 Posted 26/04/2021 at 21:41:09
It would be good to have one after each game for a start. I'm sure some would be ledgendary.
Robert Tressell
6 Posted 26/04/2021 at 21:47:31
I would listen to a 30 minute podcast from Ian Edwards after each home defeat if he's up for it. Or a regular session from Colin Glassar on his favourite Iwobi moments.
Jamie Crowley
7 Posted 26/04/2021 at 22:01:12
I'd be involved with this, if anyone were interested.

Interviews of "regular" TWs on a weekly or bi-weekly basis about the recent games, state of the Club, etc. would be fantastic.

I have zero experience in communications. I just think it's a wonderful idea.

I'd pay money to interview Tony Marsh. I'd drink a six pack with Paul Ferry.
Just sayin'.