Derek Knox
1 Posted 14/04/2021 at 07:12:04
I am definitely interested, depending on the price of the Tickets, I have contacted the link supplied above, to ask for more information. I am always a little suspicious, if that's the correct word in this case, where Tickets for, or any commodity is, advertised without a price being made clear. Especially when they say Order now (again, not in this case) and they take you to a Payment page.

I shall put any Information on this thread when I get it, as I'm sure many others may also be interested too. Strange it should be the Excelsior, or is it? Our most recent venue for the last two ToffeeWeb Get Togethers, of which I will be arranging another hopefully in the not too distant future.

Ideally with a televised game (early kick-off) on a Saturday or Sunday, so those without tickets can enjoy (?) the match, and be joined later by those who attended. Having had a cursory glance at our remaining fixtures, it doesn't appear that there are any Home Games, that fit the criteria. Mind you that can all change at the drop of the proverbial hat at the behest of the controlling Media Companies. So it's probably the new season we will be looking at.

Derek Knox
2 Posted 16/04/2021 at 23:52:09
A bit infuriating this, I still haven't had any reply from emails etc, but I have courtesy of David Pearl, found out that a Company called eventbrite are the ' Agent ' for ticket sales. I have also, found out that they are 㿆 (what ?) but they don't tell you what apart from the obvious what you get for that!

Unless there is Pie and Chips and a Free Pint or something, that does seem a bit extortionate for an audience (limited) in a Pub. I tried to contact eventbrite to ascertain what it comprised of. All I got was what is your question about ? Tickets, Refunds blah, blah,. Then a clause at the bottom saying basically unless your question / suggestion is to improve eventbrite's presentation we will NOT answer emails about specifics.

Typical of these money grabbing firms/companies they want it all their own way. with no commitment or involvement, that may require someone to get off their fat arse and respond to legitimate questions. Fuming again, what is this Country turning into, and I may hasten to add being allowed to get away with ?

Kieran Kinsella
3 Posted 17/04/2021 at 00:16:08
Derek

Eventbrite is basically a platform like Facebook that people use to sell tickets. They won't have any hand in this or knowledge of it beyond what the organizers listed on the add. They don't even have a physical presence per se they let you list an event and use their site to sell tickets (for a small fee per ticket assessed to the organizers) in truth you just need to call the landlord as he, or someone local renting his premises is the one actually organizing the event. With that being said, they're probably paying Rats some kind of an appearance fee. I imagine what you get is nothing beyond admission based on my experience of similar events. Pricey? Absolutely. But it's the way of the world now sadly

Mick Kemp
4 Posted 18/04/2021 at 09:29:42
Hi Derek, sorry I have only just seen your comments on here, my apologies. Eventbrite unfortunately don't forward any correspondence on to us, so I was unaware of your questions.

In answer to your question, 㿆 is about the going rate in the world we live in today (unfortunately). This night is in aid of EITC with all proceeds going to them. Kevin Ratcliffe, Derek Mountfield and Graeme White do come at a price and after much deliberation, we tried to keep the cost of the tickets as low as we possibly could. The Excelsior, who is a partner of the podcast, did advise anything below 㿊.

I hope this helps, but any other questions whatsoever, please email aviewfromthebullens@gmail.com and I'm more than happy to answer.

Thank you.

Derek Knox
5 Posted 18/04/2021 at 22:00:08
Hello Mick, Thanks for the update on what is entailed, which sounds a bit better than just an evening with nothing thrown in. I will run it past all my contacts who are likely to want to go, and see what they say. I was thinking about 㾸.50 or 㾻.00 but didn't expect food and a drink as well for that, so that sort of brings it down to an almost acceptable amount. Will let you know Mick through the bullens view website.
Derek Knox
6 Posted 19/04/2021 at 06:37:44
Hello again Mick, do we HAVE to buy the Tickets from Eventbrite? Or can we get them through you?

I am not a great fan of 'middle men' as you may have guessed, especially Football Agents who have almost ruined the game with their demands for players, and of course themselves, but unfortunately they seem to be accepted now. I would have burned them at the stake, and The Devil take the Hindmost. 🤷‍♂️😜

I begrudge paying money to these sort of people, especially for what realistically is a small affair, not filling Goodison or Wembley here are we? Narrow sightedness putting it in the hands of these charlottes in the first place for this small event, if that was you Mick, I make no apologies as I stick to my guns, shoot from the hip, and am answerable for it afterwards. 😋