John Pierce
1 Posted 15/12/2020 at 19:18:58
Interestingly watching Wolves v Chelsea, who adopted pretty much the same tactics as ourselves Saturday. They've just gone a goal behind. They may yet pull it back, but the key point is once behind that possession you give up now becomes an issue as Chelsea have the ball and the defensive mind set is hard to switch up because you're starved of the ball. It accentuates the need for Everton to be far more attack minded on Wednesday.
2 Posted 15/12/2020 at 22:17:34
Aston Villa beat Wolves.

Everton beat Chelsea.

Wolves beat Chelsea.

Everton draw with Burnley.

Burnley beat Arsenal.

Everton beat Fulham.

Fulham draw with Liverpool.

Man City Draw with West Brom.

Everton beat West Brom.

Perspective. This is an odd season. There are 5 points tonight between 10th and top place.

I'm off to the virtual bookies to take my chances.

3 Posted 16/12/2020 at 20:34:04
Get in Son!!
Jason Wilkinson
4 Posted 16/12/2020 at 20:41:12
Klopp looks wounded
5 Posted 16/12/2020 at 20:52:20
Jason (4), he looked like he was doing his Adolph Hitler impersonation at half time, ranting and raving, going off on one.
Jason Wilkinson
6 Posted 16/12/2020 at 21:01:51
Dave,
In this moment it is not fair. VAR is all about Tottenham. Pickford has ruined my plans. I think Jose is a lucky coach. We have to play all the way to London and then we play only three days later. 🤣🤣🤣
I'm waiting for the Klopp rant this week.
James Flynn
8 Posted 17/12/2020 at 21:19:14
Sheffield United didn't improve their squad. It's looking like that chicken has come home to roost.
9 Posted 17/12/2020 at 21:32:51
I was getting told from a very reliable source the other day James, that Wilder said he went to tear into his players, but had to stop himself, because he realizes that they are still shattered from last season's exploits.

Maybe they never strengthened because of Covid-19? But it seems they had a lot of championship-standard players who pushed themselves to the limit last season, and they still haven't recovered.

The conversation came about because someone said that Everton did Liverpool a favour by beating Chelsea, and I replied that I didn't think Liverpool will go the distance this season because of both mental and physical fatigue.

I might be wrong, I hope not for obvious reasons, but come February, I personally think a lot of teams will start dropping like flies because of the very condensed season Covid-19 has brought about. Only time will tell, I know.