An impressive hat-trick from Patrick Bamford stopped Aston Villa going top on Friday night as they were defeated by Leeds United in the Friday night match at Villa Park.

The Saturday programme then sees West Ham host Manchester City in the lunchtime kick-off, followed by Fulham against Crystal Palace in a London derby, Manchester United hosting Chelsea and Liverpool playing Sheffield United.

On Sunday after Everton's game at Southampton, it's Wolves vs Newcastle and Arsenal against Leicester City.

1 Posted 23/10/2020 at 20:03:37
Come on Leeds!
2 Posted 23/10/2020 at 21:21:13
Bamford puts Leeds in front early in second half.
3 Posted 23/10/2020 at 21:28:17
Yes Leeds yes! One nice aspect of Everton's ascension is that I can watch more games with an added interest.
Paul Hewitt
4 Posted 24/10/2020 at 06:55:53
Stay top this weekend. Even if we lose.
Christine Foster
5 Posted 24/10/2020 at 08:44:44
Watched Leeds v Villa this morning my time, good game and Leeds look like a fit, workmanlike team who don't stop running and pushing forward, made Villa look poor in the second half.. I wonder when their legs will go?
6 Posted 24/10/2020 at 10:54:16
Christine,

Talking of Leeds, most exciting team I’ve seen this season, the way they pressed Man City, frustrated and hassled them every minute of the game, as good as Liverpool in that game and wore Villa down. As you say, “Will their legs last?” I don’t know but their fans and neutrals will have plenty of fun and enjoyment watching them. A sight for sore eyes.

By the way, we’ve done our bit as well, lovely to watch after the rubbish we’ve enjoyed for many years. Keep it up, lads. If it goes the other way now and again, we know how to take it, there’ll be no moaning, screaming and crying from us.

7 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:04:04
Agree, Dave.

Leeds last night gave one of the best performances by a team I've seen this season, did most that the RS have done but can defend with it, and a stronger midfield. Villa basically shredded. Twenty-something goal attempts it ended up at. I wonder if they have an asthma problem? Hope they're off it when we play them.

Tony Hill
8 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:35:04
Leeds look excellent but Grealish ran through them and should have scored. There was also the goal line clearance. Margins, as ever.
Rob Halligan
9 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:35:24
Don't forget now, lads, at 12.41 we need to show our support for St. Virgil and have a minutes round of applause.
10 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:37:38
Rob, I'm having a crap at 12.41.
Rob Halligan
11 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:39:19
Maybe you can use a picture of St. Virgil as arse wipe, Will.
Brian Williams
12 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:39:28
Headline to read: Everton extend their lead at the top of the premiership to four points after Sheffield Utd win at Anfield.
Rob Halligan
13 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:41:03
👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐
14 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:47:51
Margins it is, Tony. What impressed me was, you could almost see the point in the second half when Leeds decided, this is it, let's go. From there, no stopping them. I've seen City do that to us more than once at Goodison, just shift up a gear (though not always, ahem, 4-0).
Rob Halligan
15 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:48:55
West ham 1-0. Antonio.
16 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:49:36
Rob, I've got it right here - will post a pic up when we beat them at Analfield.
17 Posted 24/10/2020 at 12:50:46
Brian, I can't describe how good that result would be...
Michael Lynch
18 Posted 24/10/2020 at 13:21:16
I might put a tenner on Man City going down this year. Loving the look of the top four at the moment.
Michael Lynch
19 Posted 24/10/2020 at 13:42:20
... and City equalise. Good job I kept hold of that tenner.
Rob Halligan
20 Posted 24/10/2020 at 13:42:29
City equaliser. Foden comes on at half time and makes an immediate impact by scoring the equaliser.
Brian Wilkinson
21 Posted 24/10/2020 at 14:48:42
Another good result for us with City drawing, the gift that keeps on giving, especially with Villa losing as well.

We need to take advantage of this and hopefully collect all three points tomorrow, will not be easy, but we have the players to do it.

Asking a lot our neighbours to drop points tonight, already got inside every ref and var, they will get everything tonight, now Chelsea Utd drawing would be another good result.

We need to grab this opportunity tomorrow and get the points.

Michael Kenrick
22 Posted 24/10/2020 at 15:30:13
That bloke Lookman taking it out on the posts – hit both in first half!
Kieran Kinsella
23 Posted 24/10/2020 at 15:48:46
Michael

It’s his usual routine. First game he scores, next one hits post, after that he’s skying it over, then he’s benched until he starts the same routine at his next club

24 Posted 24/10/2020 at 15:53:54
Could be Ademola is finally getting it... and doing what he has to do to establish himself in a side. God knows he has the necessary talent.
Kieran Kinsella
25 Posted 24/10/2020 at 16:40:04
Premier League has flipped the script. Instead of two teams running away in a title chase followed by much of a muchness, we have much of a muchness followed by a few teams being cast adrift.
Ray Roche
26 Posted 24/10/2020 at 16:47:56
Kamara of Fulham has just got a straight red for less than what Robertson did last week.
Eugene McLoughlin
27 Posted 24/10/2020 at 16:59:59
Delighted to see Real Madrid beat Koeman's Barca 3-1, I will never forgive Koeman, the arrogant cunt.
Robert Tressell
28 Posted 24/10/2020 at 17:00:12
Very strange results again this weekend. Looking at the team sheets for Man Utd v Chelsea. Chelsea have a very strong first 11. Man Utd have a weird first 11 + Pogba and DeBeek on the bench. Both have managers under strain. Weird season.
Peter Mills
29 Posted 24/10/2020 at 17:20:06
In other news, Marine are through to the 1st round proper of the FA Cup.

My nerves are shot. I watched the game online via the Chester fan site, £5.99 for a good stream, no buffering or blackouts. I understand the 2 clubs split the money.

It was a really disciplined performance by the Mariners, rewarded with a generous penalty winner with 10 minutes to go. Chester looked to have equalised deep into added time but a lino’s flag out of nowhere came to the rescue.

£9,300 prize money takes it to £20k all told for the season, now for the likes of Sunderland or Ipswich away in the 1st round!

Getting giddy watching so much winning footy.

30 Posted 24/10/2020 at 18:28:58
Peter, I saw that result, it means a lot to Marine, especially the prize money, £20,000 up to now, how much do they need over the season just to keep an a level pegging financially? I bet it is very hard for hundreds of small clubs all over the country, at the best of times, to keep their heads above water, it must be desperate stakes with this virus ruining what little scope they have to earn enough to keep going.

I bet it was a very happy coach load of players and officials going home tonight.

Derek Knox
31 Posted 24/10/2020 at 18:35:29
Peter, happy for you and the Mariners, this result and the financial windfall, which can still increase, will be massive for them. You must keep us informed if their next match can be watched anywhere. Assuming of course it's not on the normal Sports Channels.
Peter Mills
32 Posted 24/10/2020 at 19:00:17
Dave, Derek, I really have no idea about the costs involved to keep such a club running, but I know the officials work very hard to keep it going. Simple things like the loss of bar takings and hiring out the function rooms have been a big hit.

There may have been an upside, whereby they have been able to take on players from the squads of bigger clubs who would have once retained them but can no longer do so for financial reasons. They have got some decent players, and a good manager in Neil Young who worked wonders at Chester.

A televised match against a big club would be huge for them.

Jack Convery
33 Posted 24/10/2020 at 19:08:17
Well done, Marine. A certain Phil Jones will be made up.

let's hope Lundstrum does us a favour tonight. The Irony a team nicknamed the Blades being their next opponents.

Derek Knox
34 Posted 24/10/2020 at 19:23:32
Peter, Neil Young? Wow! I guess Wherever He Lays His Hat, That's His Home. Sorry I'll get my coat and turn the lights off as I go. 😜💙
Geoff Lambert
35 Posted 24/10/2020 at 19:26:24
All results seem to be going for us at the moment. The so called big six dropping points all over the place, just need Shef Utd to do something tonight. Utd and Chelski 0-0 so that's 2 points dropped for both of them.
Geoff Lambert
36 Posted 24/10/2020 at 19:27:13
Derek, wasn't that Paul Young, haha!
Jason Li
37 Posted 24/10/2020 at 19:28:57
Lovely result for M U and Chelski. 2 managers who don't know how to pick a team!

Guardiola seems to have lost his decisiveness in types of players to bring in to fill the gaps.

The shiite are rattled if they believe having VD once again is they key to them winning major trophies. Mindset has gone.

The league is wide open now boys.

Jason Li
38 Posted 24/10/2020 at 19:33:35
Maybe we just help them reinforce their view that they can't win anything without VD? It's not conflict, just comforting them. :)
39 Posted 24/10/2020 at 19:36:40
WOOOHOOO! MARINE!!!
Peter Mills
40 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:03:13
Derek, it’s a bit more “Like a Hurricane” or “Cortez the Killer”. You’re thinking of his brother, Paul!
Paul Hewitt
41 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:13:10
Koeman won't see past Christmas as Barcelona manager.
Robert Williams
42 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:14:29
Blades 1 up
Jason Li
43 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:15:45
The var is strong with this one.
Jack Convery
44 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:16:26
VAR Pen at Mordor - Sheff Utd score it. Still expect them to stuff Sheff Utd but a VAR controversy goes against them again. Mills if VVD was there then it wouldn't have happened - clairvoyance now a skill used by pundits to defend the RS.
Brian Murray
45 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:18:07
Made up obviously if they come unstuck tonight but the days of hoping they miss out because we are not a threat are gone. We are a force in this league and let's focus on us instead of them. Takes a lot for me to say that because I hate them while I have a pulse more than anything.
Kieran Kinsella
46 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:22:26
Lundstram booked let me guess how that was described “rough neck former Everton player maliciously scythes down heroic red”
Christy Ring
47 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:34:36
Kean has scored 2 for PSG, maybe we made a mistake letting him go, especially as we didn't replace him, and the redshite still 0-1!
Joe Corgan
48 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:35:39
Not Premier League but Moise Kean has scored a couple in the opening half-hour for PSG tonight against Dijon. Found his level? :)
49 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:36:59
Always said he was mustard.
Eugene McLoughlin
50 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:40:51
Let him do well at PSG, may mean we get our money back and some more??
Derek Knox
51 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:43:56
Ah, got my Youngs mixed up there, sorry guys!

Just ordered Foo Young from the Chinese Chippy ! :-)

Geoff Lambert
52 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:52:45
Derek, Bloody hell mate you mean Fu Yung don't you. Hahah
53 Posted 24/10/2020 at 20:58:21
Just walked in, logged in, was expecting massive gloating when RS were one down. What's going on, where is it?
Bill Gienapp
54 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:01:08
Too late, Will. Now it's tied. We missed our window.
55 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:08:15
I know, Bill grrrrmmphhh.

Still hoping for an upset.

56 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:08:34
Am I the only one who thought Firminho was offside, and that if Dean thought he was gonna be overruled he wouldn’t have gave a free kick in the first place?
57 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:10:55
Something like that was mentioned on TalkSport commentary, Tony but I didn't catch it all.

Switching to watching now.

Ray Roche
58 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:15:10
Tony, I thought he was offside, I don't know whether the keeper played him on, I only saw it at real time, no slow mo.
59 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:23:09
Salad offside, great!
Jack Convery
60 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:23:49
Another VAR decision goes against the RS. At this rate it won't be being used next week.
61 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:23:57
Poo.
62 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:30:52
When Salah had his initial header well saved I'm sure Firminho was ahead of the last defender which makes it offside. I couldn't believe it was even a free-kick that resulted in a Sheff Utd penalty, and I'd question that Dean might not have given the free-kick tug he thought he was going to get overruled by his VAR assistant.

Two very contentious decisions afterwards when you consider some of the pens seen this season, so they've had their blip and normal service has resumed!

That report about Liverpool maybe having to concentrate on the cups this season might be true because they treated us like a cup tie last week going on tonight's showing because a very limited Sheff Utd side have given them quite a few problems up to now.

63 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:54:19
Ah well, the win tomorrow restores the gap.
Eddie Dunn
64 Posted 24/10/2020 at 21:56:53
With more composure The Blades might have had at least a draw, a shame really. Jota getting a header against the most aerial of defences!
65 Posted 24/10/2020 at 22:03:12
You can see the difference in the firepower, Eddie. They broke through several times, just no-one to finish. Plus, the ball didn't drop to them in the box when it might have. Looked much better than their league position though.
David Pearl
66 Posted 24/10/2020 at 22:23:09
Derek, l'm confused. So you ordered Egg Fu Yong and you got Neil Young?

Tom Bowers
67 Posted 24/10/2020 at 23:16:08
More poor officiating both on the field and the VAR. How on earth did Maguire get away with a choke hold on Azpalacueta??? That was a disgrace... Oh! Wait a minute, it was Man Utd, that explains it.

Anyway Everton still top on merit. COYB.

Ernie Baywood
68 Posted 24/10/2020 at 00:00:36
That was a strange one Tom. I'm anti VAR, or more to the point I'm anti the way VAR has been implemented, but it does at least seem to be reasonably consistent. I'm not sure why they wouldn't give that one.

VAR is a few tweaks away from being successful in my opinion. Would Sheff Utd ever get a penalty at Anfield without it? It's leveling the playing field - now it just needs to stop being so picky.

69 Posted 25/10/2020 at 06:21:10
Anyone who takes notice of my posts will no my feelings on VAR and cheating, but you could argue the officials cheated last night at Anfield, Ernie?

The pen, I’m not even sure it was a foul, but do you think Dean would have given it, if he thought he was going to get overruled by his assistant in the studio, to a penalty?

Why wasn’t Firminho flagged offside? And the last one only the future will tell us, but I will bet anyone, Mike Dean (he’s actually raised two sons who have Liverpool season tickets?- say that 1000 times!) punishes a team before Xmas, and awards a penalty for the two others that he turned down in the first half last night.

Troy Deeney was correct (imo) and “real consistency” will only ever come about when referees are made to be accountable for their decisions, possibly by speaking to the public the day after the game.

I thought Liverpool were robbed at Goodison, but already their PR MACHINE AND ITS MOANING has paid dividends, because they don’t do it for nothing you know!