Jack Convery
1 Posted 02/10/2020 at 22:59:41
Glad to help Rob. Vital service that needs to continue. I am sure others will help as much as they can over the weekend. Good luck raising the funding you need.
Neil Copeland
2 Posted 02/10/2020 at 23:32:44
Hi Rob, I went to school at Quarry Bank and spent a couple of summers hanging out at Calderstones Park. So, know the place reasonably well or at least I did! More than pleased to help.

Good luck!

John Raftery
3 Posted 02/10/2020 at 23:53:44
Rob, well done for publicising this and thanks for copying the link. The people at Beechley Stables do fantastic work with children and deserve our wholehearted support especially during these difficult times. I really hope they can get through this crisis.
Paul Hughes
4 Posted 05/10/2020 at 09:49:16
Rob, I used to live around the corner from Beechley and remember it well - just next to the miniature railway. Thanks for highlighting their crisis. I'm glad to help

Stephen Vincent
5 Posted 05/10/2020 at 09:57:52
Used to go to SFX know Calderstones well. Happy to help, keep us updated Rob.
Rob Halligan
6 Posted 05/10/2020 at 14:51:24
Paul and Stephen. Thanks for your support and donations. Will keep everyone updated with the campaign. Don't forget the campaign being reported on by the BBC, with the story hopefully being shown on BBC Northwest news programme tonight or tomorrow.
Rob Halligan
7 Posted 15/10/2020 at 22:42:38
Lewis Docherty, the young Everton fan of the year, was a special guest at the stables today, along with his mum (and I think his grandmother). Lewis is mad keen on horses and came along to have a look at all the horses in the stables.

As he's involved in raising money for charity, along with Speedo Mick, Lewis will be returning to the stables next week to make a special donation to the "Save Beechley Stables" fundraising, and hopefully he will be able to get to ride one of the horses.

His favourite player is Richarlison and we both sang the song "He's Brazilian". A lovely little lad.

Steve Barr
8 Posted 15/10/2020 at 23:15:45
Rob, Great cause and very pleased to help.
Rob Halligan
9 Posted 15/10/2020 at 23:20:21
That's fantastic, Steve. Thanks very much.
Steve Barr
10 Posted 15/10/2020 at 23:32:38
Rob, I'm an Old Blue (Bluecoat) like your brother.

Ref Neil and Steve above... Played in some great games v Quarry Bank and SFX back in the late '60s early '70s! SFX always had the best school pitch in Liverpool, if my memory serves me well!

Derek Moore
11 Posted 15/10/2020 at 23:39:53
Never met you, Rob, but have heard many good things. Was a pleasure to make a small contribution, hoping it ultimately helps achieve your goal.

Keep being a good egg, Rob, the world needs more people like you!

Rob Halligan
12 Posted 15/10/2020 at 23:55:59
Tremendous stuff, Derek. Thanks a lot.

Steve, I guess you are probably about the same age as my brother then? SFX did have some great school pitches, which still look in fabulous nick today.

I went to Hillfoot Hey, and always viewed games against Bluecoat, Quarry Bank, SFX and Gateacre Comprehensive as grudge matches, simply because I knew and had so many mates who went to those schools.

Steve Barr
13 Posted 16/10/2020 at 00:08:35
Rob, correct. A few years older. I left the school in 1973.
Steve Barr
14 Posted 16/10/2020 at 00:10:15
Interesting, my brother went to Hillfoot Hey!
Rob Halligan
15 Posted 16/10/2020 at 00:13:25
It's no longer there, Steve. It was knocked down many years ago and houses built on the site.
Rob Halligan
16 Posted 13/11/2020 at 20:19:45
Hi all.

As per the request of some, I Just want to provide an update on the fund raising to help save Beechley Stables in Liverpool.

Some of you may have seen the story about the stables on tonight's Granada Reports, were the missus spoke about the possible closure of the stables due to lack of funds, due to the coronavirus. Incredibly, since being on TV, over ٠k has been donated, bringing the online fund-raising to nearly 㿂k.

Local businesses have also been donating individually, as well as the stables receiving a lottery grant, so at the moment we are unsure as to what the money raised so far stands at, but are well on the way to reaching the target needed to help maintain the stables whilst they are closed due to the coronavirus

I would just like to thank very much those who have made a donation. I know there have been a few on TW who have donated, but there are also plenty of anonymous people who have donated, so if you are one of those, then again, thank you very much.