Skip to Main Content
Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

No approach made for Mourinho

16/05/2016  0 Comment  [Jump to last]
Despite reports that Everton have approached Jose Mourinho about the vacant manager's position, Sky Sports' sources say the club have yet to make contact with the Portuguese or his representatives.

Mourinho has been out of a job since being sacked by Chelsea last November but is known to be seriously interested in taking over at Manchester United should the Red Devils cut ties with Louis van Gaal in the coming weeks.

Van Gaal has one year left of his contract but has failed to steer United to the Champions League and there are many who feel the club could decide to move him on should they lose the FA Cup Final to Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Mourinho has publicly said he expects to be back in a job by July and while there have been plenty of reports that Everton's new investor Farhad Moshiri has initiated contact with the Portuguese, Sky Sports say this is not yet the case.

There have been rumours on Merseyside, however, that Mourinho's people have approached Everton recently, possibly as a tactic to increase pressure on United or as an insurance measure should Van Gaal see out his contract.

Mourinho told Sky last month that: "I am not in a position to turn [jobs] down, I am in a position to analyse. I am in a position to be open to any club or national team.

"I have to be honest, if possible I would prefer a club but I must analyse to see what is best for my career and to be back with everything I have. I would prefer [to be in England]. I love the country, I love the football here, my family is very stable and happy."

Original Source: Sky Sports  
Reliability rating:




About these ads



© ToffeeWeb
Menu
OK

We use cookies to enhance your experience on ToffeeWeb and to enable certain features. By using the website you are consenting to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.